Skilling Queenslanders for Work is a fantastic State Government initiative that helps people who are under-utilised or under-employed in the labour market, as well as building the skills of young people.
Apprenticeships QLD has collaborated with the Department of Education and Training to build a 16 week program that offers participants the chance to earn a Certificate I in Construction with a difference:
- You get paid while you learn!
- You get to practice what you learn on real world job sites (local not-for-profit organisations)
- While you are being paid to learn and work, we look for an apprenticeship or traineeship for you!
Local community ownership of projects is a cornerstone of the initiative’s past success and will help to ensure future projects meet local skills needs and deliver positive skills development and employment outcomes for participants.
Check out some of the work our participants have been involved in.
- Carpentry works
- Restumping and renovating campers dormitories (Start to finish)
- Main grandstand refurbishment
- Garden Maintenance
- Metal work